The Lesneski Migration to America
Frank Lesneski, born 2 Jan 1843 in Germany; married abt 1871; immigrated to the United States in 1886. After coming to the United States, Frank lived in Huston Township, Clearfield County, PA, and worked first as a coal miner, and later as a farmer. Frank died 4 Feb 1925 in Tyler, Clearfield, PA. He was buried 7 Feb 1925 in DuBois, Clearfield, PA. In his will, Frank requested to be buried in the Catholic cemetery in DuBois, PA.
Dora __________ (listed as Dorothy on her death certificate), wife of Frank Lesneski, born Oct 1848 in Germany; immigrated to the United States in 1887; died 2 Jan 1918. The 1900 census states that Dora had given birth to 11 children, only 7 of which were living by 1900.
Known children of Frank and Dora Lesneski:
- Joseph James Lesneski, born 16 Mar 1882 in Germany; died 31 May 1958 in Youngstown, Mahoning, OH. Married Jennie Bozinski.
- Martin Lesneski, born 12 Nov 1886 in Germany; died 21 Feb 1929 in Nanty Glo, Cambria, PA. Martin married Catherine Golla.
- Stanley Lesneski, born Apr 1889 in PA.
- Thomas Lesneski, born Mar 1891 in PA.
- James W. Lesneski, born 28 Jul 1893 or 1894 in PA; died 14 May 1956. Married Estella “Stella” Godomski.
Note: I have correspondence suggesting that Frank and Dora had a daughter named Mary Zoll (was Zoltowski), though I’ve been unable to find any further documentation about this individual. Also, Frank is listed as “Frank Lesneski Sr.” in one source, indicating that there was probably a Frank Lesneski, Jr. also. Unfortunately I have been unable to confirm this as well.
Source information and other documentation for Frank and Dora Lesneski
- 1900 US Federal Census, Huston Township, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, Enumeration District 25, Sheet 9, 11 Jun 1900. Head of House: Lesneski, Frank. View image
- 1910 US Federal Census, Huston Township, Clearfield Couny, Pennsylvania, Enumeration District 84. Head of House: Lesneski, Frank. View image
- 1920 US Federal Census, Huston Township, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, Enumeration District 91, sheet 4B, 10th and 12th January 1920. Head of House: Lesneski, Frank. View image.
- Vital Records, Death certificate of Frank Lesneski, Pennsylvania Department of Health, File No 14908, 5 Feb 1925. View image
- Vital Records, Death certificate of Dorothy Lesneski, Pennsylvania Department of Health, File No 3012, 2 Jan 1918. View image
- Will of Frank Lesneski, Register of Wills, Clearfield County, PA. Will Proceedings, Vol. N., Page 57, Date Feb 13, 1925. View transcription
- Inventory and Appraisement of Frank Lesneski, Clearfield County, PA, 16 Feb 1925. View image
- Headstone image of Frank and Dora Lesneski, Saint Catherine’s Cemetery, DuBois, Clearfield, Pennsylvania. View image.
- Findagrave.com, Memorial #120369794, entry for Frank Lesneski. Available on the Internet at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=120369794.
- Findagrave.com, Memorial #120369793, entry for Dora Lesneski. Available on the Internet at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=120369793.